At the Y, you're not just a member of a facility; you're part of a cause. Our community's mission is to help you achieve a balance of spirit, mind, and body. We look forward to supporting you, your family, and our community with the resources you need to learn, grow, and thrive. Your membership will bring about meaningful change for you, your family, and our community.
Welcome to the Rochester Area Family YMCA. We're glad you're here!
Take a Virtual Tour
- Full Service Fitness and Conditioning Center
- Aquatic Center with a Lap Pool, Whirlpool, and Water Park with two slides, pools, and a current channel
- More than 75 Free Group Exercise Classes
- Free Equipment Rental (balls, racquets, etc.)
- Three Gymnasiums available for Basketball, Volleyball, and Gym Games
- Four sessions of the Quick Start Fitness program
- 30 minute Consultation with one of our Certified Personal Trainers
- Six Racquetball/Handball Courts for open play and league play
- Opportunity to add unlimited Kid's Care services to your membership.
- Free Y-ZONE area providing fun for adolescent youth and teens
- Exclusive member discounts on all programs and services
- Exclusive priority registration dates for programs
- Special events throughout the year
- Community involvement opportunities
- AWAY Program*
- Programs for all ages and much more!
Ready to Join?
Our Welcome Center staff is ready to assist you. Visit their desk to review membership options and complete a membership application with our friendly staff.
** Current Y Members can earn a FREE month of membership when they refer a friend to join.
Our membership packages vary based on the number of people in your household, your age, and your income. The Y has a membership package for you, no matter what your situation is. Our Welcome Center staff looks forward to discussing the options we have available for you.
Current Membership Pricing
- Adult (ages 24-64): Monthly $50.50, Annual $606, Joining Fee $25
- Young Adult (ages 19-23): Monthly $40, Annual $480, Joining Fee $25
- Family (2 adults + dependents): Monthly $74, Annual $888, Joining Fee $25
- One Adult Family (1 adult + dependents): Monthly $64, Annual $768, Joining Fee $25
- Couple (2 adults only): Monthly $67, Annual $804, Joining Fee $25
- Senior (age 65+): Monthly $45, Annual $540, Joining Fee $25
- Senior Couple (both ages 65+): Monthly $60, Annual $720, Joining Fee $25
- Student (ages 10-18): Monthly $20.50, Annual $246
- Kidâ??s Care: Monthly $25, Annual $300
- Nanny: Monthly $25
Clergy and Corporate discount available. See Welcome Center for details. Membership pricing is subject to change. Proper notice will be given if there will be a rate change.
Monthly drafts require either a checking account or credit card on file. A joining fee is required for some membership types and is waived when an annual membership is paid in full.
Experience The Y - One Day Guest Pass
We would love to show you around and give a chance to try the Y for a day! Download pass, fill it out, print it off and bring to the Y.
** Limit one free visit per person per calendar year. Photo ID required for all guests ages 18 and up. Subject to guest pass usage policies; some restrictions apply. Guest access may be limited based on space restrictions in specific programs or facility areas. **
Olmsted County residents may purchase a one day pass every 30 days when they present a picture ID and sign a Release of Liability form.
- *Youth (ages 3-9): $5
- *Student (ages 10-17): $10
- Adult (ages 18+): $10
This pass is for those 18 years of age or older.
- Family: $25
When purchasing a family day pass, parents, grandparents, or guardians must accompany their youth under 18 years of age during their entire visit.
*May only be purchased when accompanied by a current YMCA adult member
Take A Tour!
Walk right in and ask the friendly Welcome Center Staff to show you around. The Rochester Area Family YMCA offers facility tours during our hours of operation Tours of our facility are done on a walk-in basis. To view a particular class or program, call-ahead and ask our Welcome Center Staff when the best time to visit will be. Out Welcome Center staff can be reached at (507) 287-2260 extension 1081.
If you would like to go over specific details prior to your tour, our Membership Director, Angela Dieterich (firstname.lastname@example.org) can work with you to be sure you get all of your questions answered.
We look forward to meeting you!
Special Membership Programs
- Home Away From Home (AWAY Program*):Your membership at the Rochester Area Family Y gains you access to more than 2,600 YMCAs across the nation. Visiting Y Members are welcome to use our location 14 times per year. Each YMCA is responsible for creating their own policy for visiting Y members. Contact the Y you wish to visit ahead of time to verify their policy.
- Military Outreach Program: We understand that military families are under enormous strain. As a member of the Y, your family can come together in a safe environment to spend time together.
- Corporate Memberships: Memberships are available for community outreach organizations, group homes, colleges, and businesses. Each group has a different need for our services. Please contact our Membership Director, Angela Dieterich (email@example.com) to find the program that will best fit your organization's needs. Programs for both membership and wellness are available.
- UMR Membership Rochester Area Family Y Partnership: The University of Minnesota Rochester (UMR) has partnered with the Rochester Area Family Y to provide fitness and recreation services for its students! All students who pay the UMR Student Services Fee are eligible for the Y membership. Contact Student Affairs for more information at 507-258-8457 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Identify yourself as a UMR student to Y front desk staff, show your UM ID, and after a few minutes you'll be ready to participate in the Y's activities. Each time you come back, simply show your UM ID.
- Insurance Discounts and Savings: Your medical insurance provider may be able to offer discounts based on your facility usage. Most providers require a certain level of gym visits per month. Insurance companies offering discounts to members of the Rochester Area Family Y include: Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Minnesota, Health Partners, UCare, Medica Fit Choices, and more. Connect with our Welcome Center Staff to learn more.
- Short Term Memberships: Olmsted County Residents may purchase one, single month short term membership, in a 12 month time period. Summer short term memberships are exempt from this policy.Adults who reside outside of Olmsted County may purchase multiple 1 - 6 month short term memberships.