The Rochester Area Family YMCA is committed to helping people achieve their full potential through a balance of spirit, mind, and body. The Y provides membership and program opportunities through the Open Doors Program to anyone who desires to participate, regardless of ability to pay. Funds used to provide these scholarships are raised through our Annual Support Campaign.
Open Doors Scholarship Program
- follows a sliding fee scale, designed to fit each individual's financial situation.
- recipients are asked to pay a portion of the fees, based on total household income, to foster a sense of ownership in the Y.
- Scholarships for membership are offered for a six-month term.
- You must reapply every six months.
- Scholarship recipients are expected to sign a code of conduct and to adhere to all of the rules and regulations of the Y.