The LIVESTRONG® Family Fun Run and Walk is back for its 3rd year at the Rochester Area Family YMCA on Saturday, October 14th, 2017. This event brings the community together to celebrate those who are living beyond cancer diagnosis and to remember those lost to cancer.
- Games, inflatables & music
- 1 mile or 5k
- Costume Contest with prizes!
All proceeds from this event go to support future LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA sessions, a free program in the Rochester community for any adult cancer survivor and their families.
- OPENING CEREMONY: The event begins with a National Color Guard and special ceremony celebrating those who live beyond cancer diagnosis and remembering those lost to cancer.
- RUN, WALK, bring a stroller or wheelchair and be part of this fun event for all!
- ROUTES are in distances of 1 mile and 5k. Registration fee is the same for both.
- REGISTRATION is now open for individuals and families, just hit the Register Now button. Registration will be accepted until 12:30pm the day of the event.
- EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: Register by September 15th and save!
- T-SHIRTS: All who are registered by our Early Bird deadline will be guaranteed a race day t-shirt! Registrations after September 15th will include a t-shirt only on a first come - first served basis the day of the race.
- COSTUMES are encouraged but not required. Prizes will be awarded for best costumes as determined by popular vote!
- CELEBRATION: Family-friendly games and activities, including Inflatables and music, will take place immediately following the run/walk.
- RAIN OR SHINE: No refunds will be given, as this event is a fundraiser for the LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA program.
- Individual Registration $25. After September 15th, the Individual Registration fee is $40.
- Family Registration $60. After September 15th, the Family Registration fee is $90.
This event is only possible because YOU join hands with the Y and volunteer! A variety of volunteer opportunities exist for this event and we would love to have you help. Share with friends too...the more the merrier!
What is LIVESTRONG®?
The Y and the LIVESTRONG® Foundation joined together to create LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA, a physical activity and well-being program designed to help adult cancer survivors achieve their holistic health goals. The nationally-acclaimed, research-based program offers adults diagnosed with cancer a safe, supportive environment to participate in physical and social activities focused on holistic health. Participants work with Y staff trained in supportive cancer care to achieve their goals such as building muscle mass and strength; increasing flexibility and endurance; and improving confidence and self-esteem. In addition to physical benefits, LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA focuses on the emotional well-being of survivors and their families by providing a supportive community where people impacted by cancer can connect during treatment and beyond. By focusing on the whole person and not the disease, LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA helps people move beyond cancer in spirit, mind and body.
Help us spread the word!
Share this webpage...and help us recruit more participants!